Monday, August 25, 2008

Moved to Michigan

Hello to all ...

I have been wanting to set up a blog space to help us stay connected while we're soooo far away with lots going on. We'll give it a go and see what comes of it.
If you're just getting caught up with us you may be suprised to hear that we have relocated to Lansing Michigan! Steve was accepted to law school at Thomas Cooley. We moved out here (Steve driving a HUGE moving van followed closely by me with three kids in our mini-van ... talk about a stressful 4-day trip) a few weeks ago and are gearing up for the start of school Sept 2nd. We live in a great little community just outside of town called "Okemos". There are trees everywhere here, deer roam the neighborhood, lakes galore, and fireflies at night! What's not to love. We're getting by with a mild (low humidity) August. The house that we're renting has a great basement and an in ground pool in the backyard, both of which help out a lot.
Gage starts 1st grade (in a Montessori school) this year. Sunny will turn 4 in December and is an adorable, melodramatic superstar. Ike is close to standing and can say, "Mom, Dad, and Gage". He push 3 teeth through on the 4 day drive over here ... that was fun for all of us!

I will start in the ICU as soon as my Michigan license is approved. It's a new area for me and I'm actually looking forward to learning all that "critical care" stuff. Still on nights - some people never learn.
Mostly we're just hoping that we can find a good balance and not lose our minds while Steve tackles law school. And so it begins ....


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Jean Gray! I love the blog. You are a super-mom. Three teeth all in the care, that must have been a day! love ya and your cute fam

Rasmussen Family said...

WOW
How fun to try something new :) Kirk is an ICU Nurse on nights too-gotta love it!!! He is hoping to go back to school next fall for nurse anethesia in Minnesota. Good luck tell us how it is and if we should try and tackle school AGAIN. Good luck in school Steve- Would you like a pair of pj pants for those late night studies? So fun to hear from you.

APdesigns said...

Congrats on your successful though stressful move, Richardson family!! Big change, for sure. Enjoy the warm weather while you've got it. Michigan winters don't look too kindly on new folk. --Audrey

Elizabeth said...

He he he I found you guys in blogland! We really miss you but are so glad that you are finding things good in MI. I went visiting teaching the other day and wore my visiting teaching shoes. My partner does not have the same shoes as me and in fact my partner wasn't even with me...sigh...I really miss my friend!

By the way still stuck out of linder friends and feel really sad that I am not part of the loop anymore. If it doesn't work to the scoobyheads address end it to my hotmail. I will email that to you at some point if you do not have it.