Today we had an exciting romp to the grocery store for a cart full of delicious essentials. Mom had decided to come along (against her better judgement) and she decided to part with us halfway through to find a bench at the front of the store to sit on and rest. Dad, Ike, Sunny and I finished our list and cleared it all through checkout ... no mom to be found. Checked all the benches at the front of the store ... no mom. Took a few rides on "Sandy" the grocery store mechanical 1 cent pony ... no mom. Dad strolled back to the outdoor furniture section (that we'd joked as we passed would be a good resting spot should we need it) ... no mom. Took the groceries out to the van, came back in alone, took a BIG loop around the store, texted Steve "Lost mom at Meijer!", received a text back "You WHAT!", ... finally found mom curled up on the seat of an electronic shopping cart looking quite asleep amongst the commotion and clatter. Decided we'd better get her home to a decent resting spot ... her back still being a bit sore from their "drive" to the airport.
So ... I've only had Mom and Dad for half a day and I've already lost Mom once! I will try to be more careful =)




4 comments:
Ok, a few things:
1. your parents are adorable and i'm glad you found your mom. yikes!
2. great Uchtdorf video, i feel like watching it everyday.
3. enrichment looked amazing, i was sad to miss it. and i pretty much knew you were amazing when i first met you. keep it up girl!
4. and i've got to tell you again how yummy those cupcakes look. YUM!
How funny! I bet she was just paying you back for a few kid escape experiences she had! :) Your parents are so cute!
It happens to the best of us...
That is the funniest story ever!
I love that you lost your mom! I don't know why that is so funny to me but maybe because I have only ever lost my kids and it was terrifying but to lose my mom would be weird. Like shouldn't she be looking for me? Oh, I don't know if that makes sense at all but I LOVE this story.
Post a Comment