Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm so unappreciated...

I thought of a great song while vacuuming this morning. 
It goes a little something like this:
(sung to the tune of "If I Had a Hammer")

If I had a vacuum, I'd vacuum in the mo-or-ning.
I'd vacuum in the evening.  All over this la-and.
I'd vacuum up Legos, I'd vacuum up GI Joes,
I'd vacuum up Barbies and Polys and little baby dollys
Aa-all over this l-a-a-and.

Second verse:

If you want to save them ... rescue your to-o-oys,
then here's my suggestion.  Listen to my pla-an.
Pick up your Legos.  Pick up your GI Joes.
Pick up your Barbies and Polys and little baby dollys
Do you ... un-der sta-a-a-and?

I sang it to Sunny and she lowered her head,
glared at me and said quietly, "I hate it."
Ha!  Every one's a critic.
Gage's didn't like it either. 
I'm so unappreciated in my own time.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Well I love it! I don't know what song tune you were talking about though?

Unknown said...

Jean, again your blog has me laughing my head off. I am going to get your version stuck in my head now. Especially "your Barbies your Polly's your little baby dollys" Thats catchy stuff.

Jean I appreciate you. And you are the funniest friend I have ever had - so that is an added benefit.

Amberly said...

Those spur of the moment songs are indeed the best! My kids never appreciated them either. Where is the love?