A few fun pictures of our AWESOME weekend in ...
Chicago!
Took the train and played this game the whole way.
Super fun ... but Steve won WAY too many rounds!
Took a boat "architecture tour" down the Chicago river. We learned a lot about who built the different skyscrapers and why they designed them the way they did. We learned all about the great Chicago fire and why it was responsible for making Chicago the "birthplace of the skyscraper". We found it all very fascinating.
View from the giant ferris wheel at Navy Pier.
View OF the giant ferris wheel at Navy Pier.
Stain glass window exhibit.
More stain glass
and even more stain glass ... this one is over 5 ft tall. Just beautiful.
The city at night...
The Chicago River all lit up.
Michigan Avenue
Watching the bridges open up to let the sailboats through.
Us at the Michigan Ave bridge.
Seriously, so cool.
Taking a water taxi to Sears tower.
The Sears tower ... tallest building in the western hemisphere. See those four tiny white boxes sticking out near the top? Turns out they're ... (see below)
Yikes! They're observation deck windows ...
This is the street/river view from 103 stories up!
View of the city from the highest vantage point available.
What a fun get-a-way. Loved this two day event!



4 comments:
No kids? How fun! I love love Chicago and am so glad you guys went. Do any shopping on the magnificent mile?
Wow, how fun! I want to call you a world traveler now, but that isn't quite right, so way to go you US traveler!! Sometime before I die I am going to go back east and see ALL of the church history sites. That is my dream US vacation...Hawaii would be second. By the way your hair is so dang cute!!
I love these pictures! What a fun trip. I now have a hankering to visit Chicago.
Wow! I love the pictures of your trip to Chicago! There's so much beauty to see and fascinating things to learn about this wonderful country, we affectionately call America. Thanks for sharing Jean!
Post a Comment