Friday, October 10, 2008

Science

A day at the local Science Center and Discovery Museum.
Learning included, but was not limited to:
  1. Teeth - how many, how to clean them ...
  2. Bubbles - what they're made of, how they form, Noah discovering that your head can indeed become soaked when dunked in the soap tray =)
  3. Music - exciting sounds and tones ...
  4. Light - how to bend it, how to make colors with it, seeing our shadows on the shadow wall ...
  5. Space - reminded that the middle star on Orion's belt is not a star at all but is in fact a nebula - a star factory - world's being created before our eyes!
  6. The heart - how blood flows through it, how arteries clog, seeing an actual cows heart in a jar of fermaldahide ...
  7. Pulleys - 4 instead of 2 makes a job a lot easier ...
  8. And a robot exhibit that is under construction ... hmmm, guess we'll be going back!

Sunny declared she would be a scientist when she grew up. Good choice! I smell a nobel prize in the making (do they make them in pink??).



-Thanks to Jessie, Noah, and Baby Gage for sharing the fun.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

Baby Gage? Two Gage friends... hmmm that's fun. When Sunny wins her pink nobel prize please invite me, I would like to cheer her on.

Jessie said...

Cow's heart? I totally missed that one. The mission for next trip must now include the robot exhibit and fermaldehide bovine. And what a fantastic bubble picture!

Morgen said...

JEAN! how are you? I found you thru some other digger blogs. I had the most random memory of you the other day...when you went camping with us:)
your kids are so cute. if you get bored my blog is www.theolson5.blogspot.com
Morgen(boughton)Olson

Morgen said...

I have been having the most random memories of people from highschool..a year too late:) I couldn't remember anything at the reunion, in my defense I was pregnant:)
the camping was before they split our ward, i remember you were over playing and heard we were going camping that day and you just asked if you could go..and my parents actually said yes! we went to some ghost town place. Anyway, fun memories. Sometimes I miss the good old days of middle school and jr.high!