Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tired in Michigan

A peek into our Michigan lives ...

Wednesday:

8:30 - home late from work (awake 26 hours straight)
- dash to get Gage to school on time

9:30 - finally ... lay down for a few hours sleep
- Steve juggeling kids and homework

12:00 - wake up, take over as parent, Steve off to class

1:00 - Sunny at neighbors, Ike napping, Jean back to bed

3:40 - overslept! wake up Ike, run to pick up Gage from school

4:00 - come up with a dinner plan that won't end in "You want me to eat what?!?"

4:30 - no clean socks for Gage, start laundry

5:00 - quick shower

5:30 - eat, clean up, try not to snap at kids

6:00 - Steve home from class, takes over as parent

6:15 - scriptures, family prayer, huggs, kisses

6:30 - in the car, back to work (12 hours)

8:00 - single dad puts 3 kids to bed

Thursday:

8:30 - home late again, "run" Gage to school

9:30 - Jean to bed, Steve juggeling homework and kids

10:00 - Ike fussing incessently while pushing new teeth

10:30 - Sunny "bored" and bossy

12:15 - wake up, take over as parent, Steve off to study

12:30 - lunch, more laundry, more cleaning up, still trying not to snap at kids

1:30 - Ike's nap (hallalujah!!!)

2:00 - time for a blog update =)

I think this picture says it all ...

7 comments:

Amberly said...

Owwww, I feel actual tired pain for you. If I could store up my sleep and share I would share with you. Hang in there.

Rasmussen Family said...

Life stinks when your exhausted and then you have to work with the ICU nurses that have ego's the size of texas and are always right. Keep on keepin on. :)

Morgen said...

That sucks! I don't know how you do it! I am a completely miserable if I don't get 8 or 9 hours of sleep...and I never do:) but I get more that you!
I wish I lived by you so I could take your kids so you could get a nap!

Shelley Gee said...

You are now wonder women and super mom in my book!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

I know you've heard this before but, I just have to say.... YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! In just a few short years you will be sooooo impressed with yourself and wonder how you did it! Right now all of us "Richardson family fans" just get to be in awe of your ever lasting patience and endurance! Keep it up!:0)

Nate and Lana Hope said...

i tagged you on my blog! check it out!

Jean said...

Thats not fun.
by:Gage